Top ways to Spend Family Day Weekend in SGB
February 16-18, 2019
Family Day is just around the corner! If you are planning on spending this long weekend in South Georgian Bay, then keep reading!
Below is a list of the top things to see & do in South Georgian Bay during Family Day weekend!
- Browse the goodies (home-baked pie’s, anyone?) at Grandma Lambes in Meaford.
- Attend a local event. There is always something happening in South Georgian Bay, including Snowman Mania in Wasaga Beach (all weekend long), and an evening of action-packed activities at O&B Blue Mountain on the 16th!
- Stay cozy & warm while painting pottery pieces at Crock a Doodle located inside Blue Mountain Village.
- Ride the Ridge Runner at Blue Mountain, it’s up to you if you want to go slow or zoom down the hill! Also, don’t miss the fireworks taking place at Blue Mountain Village over the Mill Pond every Saturday night in February! (8pm). (Weather permitting) as well as Winter Wonderland-The Village lights up from dusk to 10pm every evening in the winter!
- Snowshoe the 10km of trails at Scenic Caves Nordic Centre, followed by crossing Southern Ontario’s longest suspension footbridge for the best views of the region! There is also a Guided Snowshoe Hike on the 16th, 17th & 23rd, call to reserve your spot!
- Treat the family to lunch at Fish & Sips, the best haddock in Collingwood, (if you ask us).
- Go ice-skating at one of the local arena’s in SGB or an outdoor rink in Collingwood, Wasaga Beach or the Woodview Mountain Loop at Blue Mountain Resort.
- Book a lane at Georgian Bowl and find out who is the best bowler in the family. Grab a treat from the snack bar afterwards.
- Cross-country ski the trails at Highlands Nordic, where you will come across breath taking views of Wasaga Beach and the lowlands area. Rentals are available. Tobogganing is also available here, depending on the snow & weather conditions, make sure to bring your own toboggan.
Need a place to crash for the long weekend? Booking in advance saves money & also frustrations as weekends (especially long weekends), are busy in South Georgian Bay and accommodations fill up quick! If you are still looking for a place to stay here are a few suggestions:
- Living Water Resort (Collingwood)
- Georgian Bay Hotel (Collingwood)
- Luxury Inn (Collingwood)
- Beaver Motel (Thornbury)
- Royal Harbour Resort (Thornbury)
- Saga Resort (Wasaga Beach)
*Call accommodator directly for rates & availability