The Wildlings Camp : Outdoor Education
Supporting Fellow Nature Enthusiasts
The Wildlings Camp mission is simple, we provide an authentic outdoor experience and ensure equal access to our programs by children in all areas of The Georgian Triangle. We believe every child has the right to enjoy nature and our educational service will help a child experience success in learning and success in life.
- Summer Programs
- Adventure Day: A four hour hike learning important backcountry skills, first aid skills, identifying local flora & fauna, Indigenous history and free time to explore. Age Group: 4-12 years. Book online.
- Summer Camp Session I, II, III, IV: Five days filled with exploring, adventure and a sense of wonder! Have your child learn the importance of conservation, wilderness skills and first aid skills.
- Skateboard Camp-Session 1: The Wildlings Skateboard Camp is open to everyone, between the ages of 5-12 and skateboarders of all levels. Participants will learn skills appropriate to their ability, as well as: skatepark flow and etiquette, stretching and healthy lifestyle, equipment terminology/maintenance, and the various styles of skateboarding. Proper safety & skateboard equipment is necessary to participate. Age Group: 5-12 years.
- Fall and Winter Programs
- The Darwins: Each day will be a new adventure on the land: wilderness survival skills, First Aid Skills, journaling natures mysteries, Biology lessons, and expanding our senses. Age Group: 4-7 years. Book online.
- The Goodalls: Each day will be a new adventure on the land: wilderness survival skills, First Aid Skills, journaling natures mysteries, Biology lessons, expanding our senses, and leadership skills. Age Group: 8-12 years. Book online.
- The Attenboroughs: Wilderness and Survival Skills like friction fire-making, shelter-building, navigation, tool use, natural crafts, and more. Naturalist Skills: knowledge and relationship to the animals, birds, and plants of the bio-region. Basics in mammal tracking and ID. Edible and medicinal qualities of wild plants. Safety and navigation on and off trail, and near/on the water. Leadership, self-awareness and self-confidence, community building and peacemaking skills. Age Group: 13-15 years. Book online.
That every child, no matter what financial background, has the chance to enjoy nature, learn to fall in love with the forest and themselves.
- 2021 we will have 100 sponsored children from the Georgian Triangle in our programs
- 2025 Wildling Programs will be easily accessible across Ontario
- 2030 have at least 1000 sponsored children in our programs across Canada