Dog Friendly Places + Activities in South Georgian Bay
- Side Launch Brewery – This brewery located in Collingwood is pet-friendly, so stop in for a flight & bring your pup, too!
- The Collingwood Brewery
- Collingwood Charters – The boat cruise along Georgian Bay welcomes dogs to join in the fun. You and your dog can join a sunset cruise or sightseeing tour. Your dog might even be rewarded with a nice dog treat and could meet other water-loving pups.
Leash-Free Dog Parks:
- Wasaga Beach Dog Park. This park is located beside the RecPlex at 1724 Mosley Street.
- Pawplar Park, (also known as Dog-Town). Located at the Train Trail on Poplar (“Pawpler”) Side Road, there is ample parking at the water pumping station. There is five-foot fencing all around the park, so your dogs can run freely without a chance of escaping the area. There is a double gate at the entryway so you can safely bring dogs in and out without any running out when you open it. Note that dogs are not allowed in the pond, as it is a water supply pond. You can use the area from sunrise to sunset and it is completely free to use!
- Central Park Area in Collingwood, (85 Paterson Street). There is a small fenced off area for dogs to run around and play, there is also a water pumping station. The park is located behind the Central Park arena.
- Clearview EcoPark & Dog Park, (aka Clearview EcoPark). Located at 5833 County Road 96 (formerly 27/28 Sideroad), in Stayner. The dog park is fully equipped with tunnels, ramps, a drinking water fountain, a dog washing station, leash holders, benches and picnic tables. In addition, to ensure security and overall safety of pets, there is a double gated entrance to prevent dogs running off when entering or exiting. The dog park is open year round from sunrise to sunset. Please respect the rules as posted at the entrance of the facility.
- Beautiful Joe’s Leash Free Park. Let em’ run free! This park has 2 large fenced-in areas, which allow small dogs to hang out with other small dog and large dogs romp with dogs their size. There is a water tap, shade, poop n’ scoop bags and a garbage can, along with picnic tables for their two-footed friends. The park is located at 35 Grant Avenue in Meaford. After a romp, snap on the leash and head to historic Beautiful Joe Park at 162 Edwin Street – a very special place for dogs and animal lovers.
- Moreau Park in Thornbury has an enclosed off-leash dog park. There are portable toilets onsite and the park is located directly across the street from the Beaver Valley Community Centre and Arena.
- Memorial Park Beach. This park in Meaford has a leash-free area so your dog can go play in the water and frolic in the sand. From November through April, they get full run of the park, score!
- Wasaga Beach-Beach Area 3. Dogs are allowed within the two wooden fence lines at Beach Area 3. This is the only area at the Wasaga Beach Provincial Park where domestic animals can be on the beach. (WBPP does not permit domestic animals anywhere else along the beach front).
- Sunset Point Beach. This popular beach/park in Collingwood is a great place for your dog to cool down on a hot summers day. Please maintain supervision & dogs must be leashed when not in the water.
All dogs are welcomed trails, whether it is the Bruce Trail*, Georgian Trail or the in-town trails. They must be on a leash and please pick up after them.
*There are sections on the Bruce Trail where dogs are not permitted, including the Kolapore trails. Please see Bruce Trail website for more details.
The Blue Mountains
- Blue Mountain Resort (Blue Mountain Inn)
- Westin Trillium House
- Living Water Resort
- Lodges at Blue Mountain
- Penny’s Motel
- Tyrolean Village Resorts
- The Lake at Blue Mountains
- Mountain Springs Resort
- North Creek Resort at Blue
- Blue Mountain Chalet Rentals
- Meaford Motel & Red Door Restaurant
- Roebuck Campground
- Memorial Park Campground
- Irish Mountain B&B
- Springwater Pet Resort
- Meaford Inn
- Beach 1 Riverfront Villas
- Wasaga Motel Inn
- Emily’s Place B&B
Planning to visit South Georgian Bay in the near future? Please contact individual businesses to confirm method and hours of operation and plan ahead by making reservations when possible. Visit our “Know Before You Go” page by clicking here.