Apres All Day
the social activities and entertainment following a day’s skiing.
With the spirit of St.Patrick’s Day being right around the corner, let’s talk about apres ski. How many of you hit the slopes for the skiing, and how many hit the slopes knowing that, come day’s end, regardless of snow conditions, the good times will roll on a sun-washed deck, in a local bar with local draft beers and a live band playing country covers or 90’s one hit wonders? If this sounds like you, please continue reading! We’ve put together the top apres-ski locations here in South Georgian Bay as chosen by South Georgian Bay Tourism staff, you can thank us later. Cheers!
- Jozo’s Bar: The authentic apres ski bar & a long-time favourite hangout for visitors and locals alike for après ski or tee refreshments. Sit back and enjoy the friendly atmosphere, watch the game on the big screens and indulge in some bar fare. Don’t miss out on the best prices on the mountain and events including open mic night, industry night & live entertainment during their winter apres.
- The Pottery: May be the original restaurant at Blue Mountain, but the food & atmosphere sure isn’t! The Pottery has seen many changes in the past few years, but their commitment to service, value & food has not changed one bit. Celebrate a great day on the slopes by sitting next to the cozy fireplace reminising (or laughing) about your day at Blue with a cold (or warm) drink in your hand.
- The Dam Pub: If you are feeling hungry after your day on the hill, the Dam Pub, located in Thornbury offers Apres Appy Hour Monday through Thursday, but only from 3-5pm, so make sure you un-tie your boots early enough to enjoy $6 apps & $6 pints or wine! There’s also over 900 whiskies to try out at the Dam Pub!
- The Iron Skillet: With some pretty awesome specials as well as the best schnitzels around, the Iron Skillet is worth the stop for your apres ski outing. With two locations in Collingwood, the Iron Skillet offers specials (both food & drink), such as Mexican Monday’s, Smokin Tuesday’s, Steak Night Friday & more.
- TheSmoke: Another local gem in Collingwood. Appy Hour takes place at TheSmoke every Tuesday to Friday from 3-5:30pm. On your way home from the hill, make sure to stop by and enjoy $5 Draught Pints or Tall Boys. If you’re feeling hungry after all the shredding you’ve done, order their Pulled Pork Nachos or Brisket Poutine for only $10. Yum!